Animal Welfare Policy
Our Animal Welfare Policy has been created to ensure our manufacturing and sourcing of animal products are done with concerning respect to their welfare and rights.
The Ritual as a company is constantly committed to using only animal byproducts from bees in the form of beeswax and honey. We will not use animal products or byproducts from any other animal for any other reason.
We respect the freedom and rights of all animals. We have ensured our beeswax and honey are sourced from organic hives within close proximity to our head office for our constant monitoring and ensure they comply with the highest and purest standards.
We can confirm that the production of our beeswax and honey includes the 5 Animal Freedoms:
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh rainwater and organic native fauna to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment and ensuring there is no overcrowding of hives and that all hives are adequately spaced over the 25 acres of organic farm/bushlands.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment and regular hive inspections and ensuring that no chemicals are used on the certified organic farmlands.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities to the bees and freedom if they choose to create a swarm outside of the hive.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering and using traditional smoke methods to calm the bees before harvest.
If you would like to know more about how our organic beeswax candle manufacturers production, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be honoured to share more insight into the incredible way they are made, just as nature intended, low footprint, low impact and with the utmost respect and consideration. We believe that this is some of the purest beeswax in the world.
"If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth,
man would only have four years left to live.”
― Maurice Maeterlinck.